1. Cover Page: The first page of the proposal should have the following information:
- Title of Proposal
- Dates of Proposed work
- Email & phone
- U.Va. Department
- U.Va. Status (job title)
- Length of faculty appointment: start to end
2. Goals and Significance of Project: Present the goals of the trip and the expected outcomes for the faculty member; describe the relevance and significance of the proposed travel for the faculty member and for the overall mission of IWL, how it will benefit UVA, and why the IWL should fund it.
3. Development activity details: Describe exactly what the proposed activity would entail.
4. Background: Explain the background to the proposed trip, including any previous relevant work that has been done relevant to the travel, and/or its relevance to a larger field of activity.
5. Dissemination plans: Include plans for sharing the learning from the travel, such as a presentation at the Roundtable series or a substantial entry on the Teacher Talk website.
6. Budget: Include a narrative justification of the budget and a tabular budget with specific line items for the trip. The statement should identify a list of additional sources and specific amount requested for this grant.
7. CV: Provide a CV for each applicant on the project (two page maximum).
8. Letter(s) of support: This is optional for travel requests.
_____ 1. Cover Page
_____ 2. Goals and Significance
_____ 3. Development Activity Details
_____ 4. Background
_____ 5. Dissemination plans
_____ 6. Budget
_____ 7. CV
_____ 8. Letter of Support
Criteria for evaluation:
Reviewers will evaluate applications based on the following:
Goals and Significance of Project
There is a clear objective that will enhance, create or expand the individual’s professional repertoire/training and contribute to the world languages teaching community. Requests for support to attend a conference or other professional meetings must include explicit explanations of how such attendance will contribute to the development of the faculty member as an effective instructor or IWL community contributor.
Development activity details
Details show evidence of thoughtful planning and reasonable expectations.
Requested amount is reasonable and well justified.
Please be aware that any award amount given and used for wages should include the Fringe Benefit portion of any employee and student wage (i.e., 0.06% of the wages). For example, if your proposed budget is $998.58, it will be $943 in wages and $56.58 in Fringe Benefit.
All required elements of the proposal are included. Writing is concise and highly readable.
Applicants will be notified of award decisions by Nov. 23, 2015.
Any questions about eligibility or suitability of proposals may be directed to the Committee Chair, Professor Ruth Ferree (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the Director of the Institute of World Languages, Professor Miao-fen Tseng (email@example.com).